- Don’t just write, play a game, read and exercise. Take your mind off of your work so you can come back to it fresh.
- If it’s a paragraph, read it out loud to yourself, if it’s a page, print it out and read it out, if it’s an important essay, print it out and have somebody else read it out loud to you.
- Writing paragraph to paragraph is like living paycheck to paycheck. Think about a story like you think about money: keep the whole year in mind, not just what you might need for a day or week–that way your writing will transition smoothly.
- Don’t use semicolons, your best friends are parenthesis, commas, and dashes.
- A conclusion doesn’t mirror the introduction, it reflects on it.